My Labor Day Weekend 2017

I vowed to have fun this weekend. It may be the only weekend off I may have this month. It was a rough week at work, so I wanted to “let go” in a good way. Just resting or enjoying something for myself was the goal. My goal was accomplished.

Saturday I woke up not in the best of moods. I was physically, mentally and spiritually drained. The events of the prior week at work had beat me down. I didn’t like it at all! I had to do something positive.

There is a local casino that I’ve not been fond of since its opening. The people tend to be rude, the food always sucks, the games never pay out. But there isn’t really anything else to do within a short distance. I also didn’t want to isolate myself at home the whole weekend.

I planned on eating at the buffet, playing some poker to waste time, then perhaps hit a slot of two just for kicks. Didn’t bother with the buffet. While it was free for me, I rather cook something tasteful at home. I stepped in the poker room for two hours to walk out with $50. So I went to the slot machines, lost my $50 and some more (but not boat loads). Nothing changes with this place. How they survive and expand is beyond me.

Since I was close to a good grocery store, I decided to go shopping for the first time since I’ve moved to my new place in July. It’s quite a big store, so I started at one end going isle by isle. I had no plan, no list, it was all spontaneous. As I got close to 1/2 down the rows, I started getting nervous as my cart started to get full. Did I have enough money? Luckily the rest of the store wasn’t things I was interested in getting, so I headed out. The goal was $150. I left with plenty of groceries probably for the month at $120. Next time I will plan and see how to shop with coupons.

The rest of my weekend was spent at home. It began to rain Saturday night. I decided to indulge in some episodes of TV shows I watch: Game of Thrones, Season 7; Big Brother, Season 19; and Master Chef, Season 8. I fell asleep a couple of times, woke back up for a few hours, fell back asleep again. After repeating that three times, I finally got done with all my shows and just went to bed for the night. Oh did I sleep good!

Despite my cat’s howling for me to get up and feed her, I remained in bed until 10 a.m. While I love my cat, her previous owner has taught her some unbearable habits. I’m trying to break those habits to the best of my ability. However, I may be barking up the wrong tree; these habits are so ingrained and she is so old, I doubt I’l be successful. But its worth a try – for my sanity.

Not a bad weekend, but I wish I took the time to do some housework. I know its going to be struggle to do it this week. Most likely, I’ll procrastinate all of it until Wednesday, my next day off. But I’m going to make an effort NOT to do that and do at least ONE thing when I get home after work. Perhaps by Wednesday, I won’t have anything to do, thus I can recharge my batteries.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s